When most entrepreneurs remember starting up- they think of the running around, the stamp paper and waiting at government organisations. But now with the Digital India initiative, you can now register online from the comfort of your home. The process has been massively streamlined and the main registrations include Digital Signature Certificate(DSC), Director Identity Number(DIN) and filing for the final eForm.
Are you looking to register your business? Park your attention here as we take you through the four registration steps:
Step 1: Get your Director Identification Number (DIN): When registering each director of the company, you need to get identification numbers created. This can be done by filing and submitting the DIN-1 form that is available on the Ministry of Corporate Affairs website.
Step 2: Sign up for your Digital Signature Certificate (DSC): Your documents will only be received when you authenticate your documents with digital signatures. These Digital Signature Certificates must only be acquired by agencies appointed by the Controller of Certification Agencies (CCA). The DSC is only valid for two years and on expiry, you will need to renew it.
Step 3: Register an account on MCA Portal: Online fee payments can be made available and you can register when filing the eForm on the MCA Portal. All you’ve got to do is create a registered new user account, and good news, the creation of the account has no charge!
And Finally, Step 4: Apply for company registration: The final step to register your company is when you incorporate your company name, address, appointment of directors and staff and the qualification of shares. To get the final approval from the Registrar of Companies, you have to obtain the certification of incorporation with Form-1, Form-18 and Form-32.
What do you have to do to incorporate your company? Follow these steps:
- Filing of Form 1 for reservation of name
- Filing main Papers I.e. Form 7, DIR-12, INC-22
All steps require a set of formalities and procedures you will have to compile and submit as mentioned below:
- For DSC, you require 1 photo each, copy of PAN Card, copy of address proof.
- For DIN, you require 1 photo each, copy of PAN Card, copy of address proof based on the name and credentials that match with the PAN details. Also, a set of affidavits are required to be prepared and shared with all legal formalities required.
- Name approval requires you to confirm 3 names in their respective order of preference. Name allocation is subject to availability.
- Main forms and other forms include a well drafted MOA/AOA, and recent affidavits, declarations and all legal formalities. The address proof of the registered company must be submitted.
Ensure that these documents are reviewed before submission:
- Director Identification Number
- Digital Signature Certificate
- Original copy the of formal letter issued by Registrar of Companies on Company name: Form-1 for incorporation of a company, Form-18 for situation or address of the proposed company, Form-32 for particulars of proposed directors, managers and secretary
When the application has been approved by the MCA, you will receive an email confirming the incorporation of the new company and status of the form will change to Approved. Wooohoo! You’re done.
The Ministry of Corporate Affairs has incorporated INC-29 which combines DIN, Name Approval application and Incorporation Application.
Next Steps, your company is formally incorporated when you obtain the TAN Card, PAN Card, STPI registration and valid Digital Signature Certificates. So, what are you waiting for? It’s time to start your dream business!
Also remember to check out what Numberz can do for you once you start up, to smoothen out your accounting and invoicing procedures!